Monday, July 29, 2013

"It's gonna hurt. It's gonna hurt because it matters." - John Green

Time for a little ranting.

You know what? I'm a sensitive gal. And I am so sick of letting rude, inconsiderate, unapologetic, disrespectful people get me down. If I care about something and you bash it, I am going to care. I am going to get upset. For example: I love Jesus. If you tell me that you hate Jesus, and you think Jesus is terrible and you don't understand why I love Jesus, I am going to be offended. My heart will hurt. Don't get me wrong- I think it is perfectly fine for people to have differing opinions, as long as we all respect each other's differing views. If you're an atheist or a Buddhist or whatever else- that's fine. I do not understand it, but does that mean I'm going to tell you how awful of a person you are for it? Absolutely not. Similarly, if you talk bad about my family to me or to anyone else, I will be extremely hurt. I love my family with my whole heart, and it pains me to no end to hear people saying bad things about any member of my family.

Sometimes I'm too sensitive. It happens. Maybe I misinterpreted what you said to me. If that is the case, shouldn't you apologize for hurting my feelings? Or is that too much to ask? I'm a believer in forgiving, but it is impossible to forgive someone if they never apologized. I'll be waiting for an apology.

"It's gonna hurt. It's gonna hurt because it matters." - John Green

On a lighter note;
What I'm loving, hating, obsessing over, etc. :)

Loving: My bedroom! It is finally finished 100% (as of yesterday), and I could not be more in love. It's perfect. I'm so thankful to have such hard working parents. Speaking of parents, yesterday was their 23rd anniversary! Hip hip hooray! I've never seen two people so in love with each other. Also loving tigers blood Tropical Snos. I'm addicted. It's probably okay.

Hating: BROOKS LEFT DESIREE TONIGHT AND I AM BROKEN-HEARTED ABOUT IT. That's about all I'm hating currently.

Obsessing over: Being myself. That sounds kind of stupid, but it's true. I love being myself. I love wearing what I want to wear because I like it and I like the way I feel in it. I don't dress for anyone but myself. If you don't like what I wear, you don't have to look at me. Same with other every day choices I make... That was just an example. :) I think it is very important for us to be so unapologetically ourselves in a world that is nothing but people idolizing others and trying to be just like so-and-so. Just be you. Be unapologetically you. Not everyone will like you. You will not like everyone. And that is okay. :)

Music:
Sweater Weather by The Neighbourhood. I'm still repeatedly listening to this song...so judge me.
Sweetheart, What Have You Done by Keaton Henson. PERFECT sleepy-time song. I love.
The Lonely Life by City and Colour. Dallas Green can do no wrong. Basically. (Also, just learned of the existence of his newest album "The Hurry and the Harm" a couple days ago- nearly two months after its release. Where have I been?!)
Also digging Childish Gambino...again. I get on random kicks of loving him for a few weeks at a time, then I'll get over it for a few months. Whatever.

Looking forward to: Freaking vacation, man! We leave in twelve days. AND I CANNOT WAIT!!!

That's probably enough of an update for now... Deuces.

No comments:

Post a Comment